Tuesday 27 May 2008

Mashups for Matt

These are a request... so here ya go!
The first one is Enya Vs. Prodigy - Smack my Orinnoco Falls Up

(Even though i'm fairly sure it should be Orinocco Flow this is the name it came to me as a few years ago so that's what i'm putting here)

Some people might know the song as 'Sail Away' but I think that's just a bit lazy to be honest. It's a song that shouldn't work mixed with prodigy, it should be truly awful, but it really really isn't. Seriously, have a listen to this Mashup of Smack My Bitch up and Orinocco flow and tell me it doesn't stick in your head.

This next one is a great song to play at an indie club,
 because it starts with the very distinctive Interpol Bassline then you just hear the Dizzee Rascal vocals come in over the top. As a rule I usually hate mashups, but these are probably the only two that have stayed in my collection for any length of time.

live stand up.mp3 (Dizzee Rascal Vs. Interpol)

These songs are real growers, give em a chance, and try them out at a party or something when people have had a few... guaranteed to get a reaction. Fun stuff



Ta

No comments: