Wednesday 21 May 2008

Leeds Fest Faves

...


I was one of the lucky ones who got Leeds Festival Tickets when they went on sale a while back and I can't believe how good the line-up has got since then, they keep adding artists and it's getting better and better.

There's nearly all the bands i'm into at the minute like MGMT, Justice, Digitalism, Crystal castles, Be Your own Pet, Lethal Bizzle, Foals, Chromeo, The Whip etc etc.... as well as some of the band's that would have been top of my list some years ago including Slipknot and Rage Against The Machine.

The Friday night Dance tent lineup is ridiculously good...


Photobucket

CSS, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, Chromeo, Crystal Castles and The Whip!?
That's going to be amazing...

This first track is possibly the best under 2minute song i've heard in years, it's such a perfect party punk song that you can't help but shout along to. I defy you to listen to this three times in a row and not at least mouth 'Food Fight!' if not shout it and punch the air.


Easily the best Crystal Castles song in my opinion, even though it is also the most accessible...


Lethal Bizzle was better than Dizzee Rascal when I saw him at Leeds Festival in 2006 and easily one of my personal highlights of the festival, i'd always had a soft spot for Bizzle but it was his live set that really got me to buy into it. Grime isn't a joke? Who knew.
This is a remix done by Sam E. Danger from one of my favorite bands of the past few years 'Test Icicles'.


So Rage Against the Machine is going to be awesome, we all know it's going to be awesome. It just has to be. Here's a good remix:


and here's my pick of some good songs involving artists playing the festival:


Cheers,



No comments: