Wednesday 2 July 2008

Betty's Fat Ones: Volume 2

Right, I'm extremely bored....so heres another helping of Betty's Fat Ones. This post is going to be divided. One half is devoted to my current techno trip...and the rest is gonna be a 'Danger' bum-fest. Some tracks new...some old (old meaning more than 3 months these days).

So I've been listening to a lot of Sander Kleinenberg recently. This guy was actually in leeds and liverpool on the same night the other week...and nobody wanted to go! However, his 'This is Sander Kleinenberg' mix album has got me further into elec-techno / prog house shizzle. On the surface, this mix may seem to drag its feet a bit; it doesn't have the "conspicuous drops" that you find in your average nu-rave track, but it is damn groovy. Here is, in my opinion the best track off the album - a rump shaking electro track by Rossell.

Rossell ft Emma - Dancing with Strangers (Dave Robertson mix)


Secondly, to follow on from Walker's Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso spotting, their track 555 is a great builder. Long intro that delivers.

Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso - 555

Now to Bjork. How I love her music. So much so that I should slap myself for sleeping on this Vitalic remix of one of her Medulla tracks! Lovely bouncy bassline and some great harmonies between Bjork's vocals and Vitalic's juicy synth work.

Bjork - Who is it (Carry my joy on the left, carry my pain on the right) (Vitalic remix)

Now, moving onto Danger. I've talked up this guy before but he seems to be getting everything right for me recently. Full of cut-up, funk bass, choppy vocals, and massive synth solos!!! This guy is really talented in my eyes. He takes the whole 80's synth / computer games sound to a new level. The track "19h11" sums up his style really. Choppy and melodic. For an electro song, it really does have some great progression.

Danger - 19h11

If thats not enough, heres another absolute head-nodder. All I can say is...what an awesome synth riff. Not difficult or obscure but really atmospheric and funky as hell.

Danger - 00h00

On a slightly different tip, Danger offers up quite a chilled little track with "7h46". It has almost a tribal feel to it in some parts....nice.

Danger - 7h46

Finally from Danger, a remix of Estelle's "American Boy". Now, usually these remixes are a bit crass for my liking (i.e. when Justice remix Justin Timberlake, etc) however, theres no denying how good it is. Sorry for the low quality but there is some brilliant melodies running through this song...ones that Kanye West would never be able to dream up (with his recycled drum patterns...pfft!)

Estelle - American Boy (Danger remix)



P.S. They are still one of the best electronic live acts to this day, amazing!



Cheers!

1 comment:

Pelski said...

nice one; never heard this vitalic remix. sweet as a nut