Thursday 12 June 2008

Post - Boys Noize @ Chibuku, Liverpool


Well...last weekend...what a weekend!

The boys came up to Liverpool. We had top-notch BBQ and spent the best half of saturday tearing it up on Walker's Laptop mixer.

Also, I finally got to see Boys Noize perform live again. With my hands firmly on the barrier for most of the night I can say it was nothing short of amazing. It was my first visit to the venue, Barfly, that seemed a little dingy and surprisingly quite empty at first. However, Boys Noize played in the main "theatre" room which has a staggered dancefloor that leads down towards the stage. By the time he hit the decks the room was full.

All I can say is that he played with the same level of intensity that you expect from him; dropping some absolute tunes all night (some of which I really would like a copy of!)

So here are a few tracks that were played on the night...and also some that are in the same vein.

Firstly, Housemeister...what a beast this is! The first track off his "Who is this noise?" LP starts...instantly...with manic lo-end snyths alternating between left and right speakers. I think Erol Alkan may have dropped this at Wax:on in Leeds the previous weekend?

Another great track that I've manged to track down, Raven by The Proxy. Boys Noize did indeed drop this at Chibuku as it is quite easy to recognise the distinct "bumblebee-like" tone repeating throughout. As shit as that may sound, this is definitly one for turning the strobe on the sweaty people at front at 3:30AM.

Finally, to round up, I've thrown in a couple of tracks from my personal favourite, Danger. I'll probably be posting more from this guy once I get my hands on some higher quality versions but enjoy two of his remixes for now. He has a style that indulges heavily in the 80's-computer-games-retro-synth sound of someone like Kavinsky but hits you as hard as an someone like At the Drive-In!

Also, I've included a decent Crookers remix of Trash by The Whip. Personally, I think Crookers are a bit hit and miss but man do they 'hit' on this one! The drop is brilliant. A slow, pulsating bassline ascends and spills out into pure, crunk nasty-ness! Enjoy.

Cheers!

Housemeister - In order to dance

The Proxy - Raven

Boys Noize - Oh! (Danger remix)

Danger - Revolte at 22h10

The Whip - Trash (Crookers remix)

No comments: